Login Theme Color Topics Posts Members
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:
Password:
462 586 total members: 36
Latest Member: Jacob Croy

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman Brings Irish Design Talent To World  (Read 1581 times)
Don
Administrator
Celtic Sr. Member

« on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:46 AM »

Irish designer Synan O'Mahony dressing the four singers Susan McFadden, Mairead Nesbit, Mairead Carlin and Lynn Hilary from Celtic Women for their upcoming world tour. Picture:Arthur Carron

The 10th anniversary Celtic Woman tour sets off around the world packed with talent, new songs and a mesmerising array of Irish fashion to impress audiences across Europe, America, Australia and the Far East.

The man behind the glamorous gunas is Limerick-born, Dublin-based couturier, Synan O'Mahony, who burned the midnight oil to have 12 new dresses completed for the tour premiere at Dublin's 3Arena last Saturday.

When the four performers - vocalists Susan McFadden, Mairead Carlin, Lynn Hilary and violinist Mairead Nesbitt - tried on their new outfits at Synan's Dun Laoghaire studio, the designer stressed the importance of stage craft, marrying drama-filled, sexy silhouettes with layers of luxurious fabrics that the lights will love.

However, a crucial factor is playing to the strengths of each performer's personality in fabric and embellishment.

"I asked the girls for a list of their likes and dislikes and then I sketched solo dresses that played to their personalities and their performances on stage," said Synan.

"Mairead Nesbitt moves around the stage a lot with her violin so I did sequinned leggings with a mini skirt with bustle. I knew how she loved her Michael Kors rose gold jewellery, so I designed a gold gown for her," he said.

There was synchronicity when Mairead Carlin sent a picture from Derry of a black dress she had seen on a red carpet and it turns out that Synan had already designed a black, beaded tulle gown with plunging neckline for her.

For petite singer Lynn Hilary - who is a niece of the broadcaster and former singer, Maxi - Synan created a stunning beaded and satin gown in shades of teal.

One of Susan McFadden's bewitching outfits in the show is a royal blue duchesse satin corset with a silk, ruffled, hourglass skirt that plays up her shapely, Jessica Rabbit figure.

Irish Independent
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:00:11 AM by Don » Logged

Always Remember All Things Are Possible With God !!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: