Login Theme Color Topics Posts Members
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:
Password:
462 586 total members: 36
Latest Member: Jacob Croy

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Women Give Traditional Irish Music A New Element  (Read 1278 times)
Don
Administrator
Celtic Sr. Member

« on: April 16, 2010, 02:38:42 AM »

This was a great review, but someone needs to do more research on the Celtic Women who are currently on tour now.
The Celtic Women who are currently on tour are: Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Lynn Hilary, Alex Sharpe, and Máiréad Nesbitt.

Irish music has a long history in the evolution of American music, after all one of the most distinctive and recognizable voices of the past century has been Bing Crosby.

Having grown up in New York City where on March 17th everyone turns Irish I was very curious to go see the Celtic Women Concert and can say that I was not disappointed.

The Patriot Center at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., hosted these talented young women on the 17th of March and it was truly sublime.

An Irish musical ensemble, Celtic Woman has earned international recognition singing a range of traditional songs like the always-favorite “Danny Boy” which was the prelude to the magnificent repertoire that weaves the voices in a harmony of celestial delight. These young women give traditional Irish music a new element that blends the traditional Celtic tunes with modern songs.

The angelic meld of the harmonic voices of these young women creates a haunting echo that is sure to please all. Celtic Woman is an all-female musical ensemble created by the former musical director of the Irish show Riverdance. In fact, I would venture to call it the voice of Riverdance.

The vocal talents of Chloë, Lisa, Méav and Órla are accompanied by fiddler Máiread Loughmore. The petite Máiréad was highly energetic during the performance, flitting all over the stage like a graceful butterfly without missing a single note. The percussionists put on a powerful performance reminiscent of U2; and the choir, provided solid accompaniment for the vocalists.

The light show, staging and costumes were dazzling. The performers are all accomplished vocalists and musicians that continue to delight audiences in an uplifting and captivating concert.

Overall, I thought that Celtic Woman was wonderful and beautiful, but don’t take my word listen and judge for yourself.

Go to this link on YouTube to check out the Celtic Women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE

Carmen Ileana Román: High Note
The Frederick News-Post
Frederick, MD
Originally published April 15, 2010
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 02:51:28 AM by Don » Logged

Always Remember All Things Are Possible With God !!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: