Login Theme Color Topics Posts Members
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Username:
Password:
462 586 total members: 36
Latest Member: Jacob Croy

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: What Is Your Favored Celtic Woman Song  (Read 6826 times)
Larry
Celtic Newbie

« on: May 14, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »

Many but to narrow it down to two I'd say She Moved Through The Fair and Danny Boy.

A bit of info on the song Danny Boy from what I've found onlne (printed here by permission):
"To begin with, Danny Boy is one of over 100 songs composed to the same tune. The author was an English lawyer, Frederic Edward Weatherly (1848-1929), who was also a songwriter and radio entertainer. In 1910 he wrote the words and music for an unsuccessful song he called Danny Boy. In 1912 his sister-in-law in America sent him a tune called the Londonderry Air which he had never heard before. He immediately noticed that the melody was perfectly fitted to his Danny Boy lyrics, and published a revised version of the song in 1913. As far as is known, Weatherly never set foot in Ireland."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:07:20 AM by Larry » Logged
rick
Celtic Newbie

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »

This is hard because there are so many great songs by the Celtic Woman. But up there near the top is The Soft Goodbye. I just love the harmony and Lisa, Chloë and Méav just perfect the song.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: